We are launching our new free teleseminar 2010 event series featuring a one-hour presentation by Jeff Berger and the National Association of Gay and Lesbian Real Estate Professionals (NAGLREP) this Thursday, April 29th at 7pm EST. We recently featured Jeff regarding their fight to amend Rule #10, to include sexual orientation as a protected class for equal housing protection!
What is Rule #10? According to article 10 in the National Association of Realtors Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, Realtors can’t deny equal professional services or discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin. The current code does not mention sexual orientation or gender identity, and NAGLREP expects a final vote on their proposal by the NAR Professional Standards Committee this May in Washington DC, during the NAR 2010 annual meetings. Recently NAR director Bob Hunt wrote an article in Realty Times speculating the change in NAR policy in San Diego will help expand the anti-discrimination policy.
NAGLREP will present:
- the latest information on NAGLREP’s efforts to lobby The National Association of Realtors to amend The National Association of Realtors Code of Ethics, also known as Rule #10, to include sexual orientation as a protected class
- the latest on what gay and lesbian home buyers and sellers should do in the market right now
- answering your questions!
Out Impact will also be presenting brief information on our featured non-profit for this presentation, where 10% of proceeds will be donated for this month from our featured sponsor.
“We are proud to be working with Jeff and NAGLREP for our debut seminar!” Bambi Weavil, CEO and Publisher of Out Impact, Inc. said. “We couldn’t be more excited to be able to bring our new professional series to our readers and colleagues, as well as be able to inform the public about great causes and give back!”
This presentation is open for RSVP to 250 listeners on the teleconference line and 2,000 listeners who wish to listen and participate by webcast. We welcome the media and readers to attend. Don’t miss out!
RSVP to receive conference information!: http://www.outimpact.com/april-29th-impacts-professional-series-teleseminar-featuring-naglrep-registration-page
Latest posts by Bambi Weavil (see all)
- NAGLREP Members to Meet in Washington DC May 15th for REALTOR Meeting – April 30, 2013
- The Cliks’ Lucas Silveira: ‘Walking Through A Tunnel of Darkness Towards The Light’ – April 29, 2013
- Boston Marathon: Hope, Heroes, Perseverance – April 17, 2013