by Katrina Sawa
This is sort of an appropriate title so close to Valentine’s Day and all and every day is Valentine’s Day for me since I’m so happy in my relationship with such an awesome man…
I’m talking about LOVE in regards to YOUR BUSINESS today.
Are you saying…. “So, what’s love got to do with my business?”
I say it has EVERYTHING to do with the SUCCESS of your business. If you truly want to make a high 6, 7 or even 8+ figure income than guess what, you better figure out a way to be happy.
Yes, there are probably many rich unhappy people in the world but with the shift of consciousness that’s going on in the world today and in the coming couple of years the ones who will be or are truly successful are the ones who enhance the following 4 areas in their life.
4 Ways Having or Being in Love Can Affect Your Business:
1. Relationships – This one might be a little weird to think of in regards to your business however think about it…If you’re miserable being single, divorced or widowed or maybe you’re not miserable but more anxious about finding that special someone, your work is going to suffer more than likely right? You are going to be more distracted, less focused and less productive.
I can only speak for my experience with this but for the two years that I was divorced and dating, I longed to be in a really good relationship because relationships make me feel good inside. For those two years it felt like there was a hole inside of me, something that no amount of eating, drinking or ‘having fun’ would satisfy. Therefore I treated ‘dating’ like a part-time job. I was on dating sites and actively connecting often, did the group dinner things and went out a lot with other single girlfriends often too. But my business suffered a bit during this time. It didn’t decrease necessarily but it definitely took a back seat to my personal life and I did just enough in my business to ‘get by comfortably’….not good if you’re trying to get to 6,7 or 8 figure income.
2. Environment – This one many of us can’t always fix completely. I’m referring to your surroundings, your office space and the organization of it as well as those friends and family who are supposed to be there to lift you up. Are they doing that or are they putting you down? Are they supportive with your decisions or do they criticize them or squelch them all together? It’s hard to move ahead when the ones you love are not behind you 150%.
I had two somewhat negative forces in my life when I first started my business and up until about 2 years ago as well, my dad and my ex-husband. Now my ex mind you is a really great guy (he reads my ezines! hee hee) however he was very money conscious and living with an energetic entrepreneur with lofty goals who took big risks made him quite nervous most of the time so that wasn’t going to work long-term. My dad unfortunately died a couple years ago and took the last of the negativity with him when he passed so then I was finally free to truly pursue my biggest dreams (hence my biggest of all transformations and shifts lately in regards to money, mindset and my business.).
Think about who is surrounding and supporting you and work on this area if you need more support. I needed to be encouraged, uplifted and praised for what I was doing in order to keep my momentum going, keep striving for bigger and better things, etc.
3. Yourself – This one most of us downright neglect. I’m talking about your relationship with and love for yourself. Are you always beating yourself up for not completing your ‘to do’ list or not getting to the gym or even cooking a home-cooked meal for your family instead of eating out? Do you think you are fat or ugly? Well, stop it! You have to absolutely and completely love yourself inside and out ALL THE TIME; you are unique and perfect just the way you are! You have to know deep down inside and up close and personal each and every day that YOU ARE:
- Worth every penny people pay you!
If you don’t really believe you ARE all of these things ALL of the time, then THIS WILL AFFECT THE SUCCESS OF YOUR BUSINESS!
You won’t be as sure of yourself when you ask for the sale and your closing ratio will suffer.
You won’t charge what you’re worth; you’ll charge what you think people will pay you.
You won’t follow up with confidence.
You won’t take as many leaps of faith as The Universe is asking you to take.
You won’t invest enough in your business or yourself as often if ever.
Don’t let this happen to you; LIFE IS TOO SHORT.
4. Passion – This one has to do with you always doing the type of work or business that you’re passionate about. If you’re in a JOB that you hate or stuck but know you are meant to do greater things on your own then why are you denying your true calling?? There is almost always a way to make money at anything, you just need a little creativity or a coach to help you think up fabulously marketable products and services!
I recently got my hands read by a hand analyst and it not only confirmed I was doing what I was meant to be doing in my life in a roundabout way but it also showed me that I WAS THINKING TOO SMALL! I’m destined for much bigger things than I’m doing today and to help 100′s of thousands of women entrepreneurs around the world with this global feminine shift of consciousness going on. It also showed me that some of my shortcomings were actually ingrained in me and not something to be ashamed of or criticize myself for but to embrace and be aware of at all times.
My favorite thing to do whenever I can is to brainstorm with entrepreneurs on how they can design, update, recreate or shift their businesses in order to be happier, live a more fulfilled life and do the things they are passionate about that can make them a very good living if set up correctly.
What is YOUR favorite thing to do for ‘work’? Are you doing that or do YOU need to make a shift?
Now is the time….
Want help figuring out what you should be doing or NOT doing in your business or marketing so you spend your valuable dollars and time in the right place? Give me a call!
Go check out my services - but don’t just READ about them, TAKE ACTION and DO SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF THIS YEAR!
P.S. I’m writing a BOOK on this topic because I see that it’s so important and my LIVE event this fall will be based on this stuff as well as practical business strategies so stay tuned!!
© Copyright 2008 K. Sawa Marketing International Inc.
Katrina Sawa is known as The JumpStart Your Biz Coach because she literally kicks her clients and their businesses into high gear. She works with highly motivated women entrepreneurs that want to maximize and fast-track their business to make more money and enjoy more free time. Katrina uses online and offline Relationship Marketing Systems & Strategies to leverage your resources, contacts and your expertise; plus she kicks you in the butt to implement it all too! Get her Free Entrepreneur’s Success Kit online at http://www.JumpStartYourMarketing.com!