Healthy Pets & People with Dr. Patrick, Dr. Patrick Mahaney’s new show, airs tonight (3/17/2011) at 7p EST/4p PST and re-airs at 10p EST/7p PST, featuring an in-depth look on how you should prepare for the care of your pet in case of a global emergency!
Dr. Patrick Mahaney recently wrote about this on OutImpact.com in his latest column but adds even more tips on his show tonight on OutImpactRadio.com: Healthy Pets & People with Dr. Patrick: Earthquake and Tsunami Disaster in Japan Reinforces Need for Global Pet Emergency Preparedness.
About Dr. Mahaney: Dr. Patrick Mahaney, VMD graduated from University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine in 1999. In 2000, Dr. Mahaney completed an Internship at Friendship Hospital for Animals in Washington, D.C., and has since practiced in a variety of hospitals, doing both general and emergency practice. Dr. Mahaney moved to Los Angeles to join the TLC Pet Medical Center team in early 2006. His practice philosophy is to improve the quality of life for both pets and their owner’s by establishing client relationships with open lines of communication and providing optimum care within his capabilities. Dr. Mahaney completed the International Veterinary Acupuncture Society basic course in 2006 and is now a Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (CVA). He is especially interested in chronic pain management and uses a variety of modalities, including acupuncture, to improve the comfort level of his patients. Dr. Mahaney strongly believes that many canine and feline diseases can be better managed by incorporating both Western and Eastern treatments. In 2008, Dr. Mahaney incorporated his own small business, California Pet Acupuncture & Wellness (CPAW). CPAW offers in-home acupuncture and musculoskeletal therapy, pet appropriate environment consultation, veterinary supervised exercise sessions, and euthanasia. Having lived in Philadelphia, DC, and Seattle, Dr. Mahaney feels as though Los Angeles’ mix of city, nature, and culture make it the ideal place to establish both personal and professional roots. Dr. Mahaney resides in West Hollywood with his Welsh Terrier, Cardiff. He and Cardiff enjoy canyon hiking, urban trekking, running on the beach. Dr. Mahaney also enjoys working out, playing tennis, doing yoga, going to museums, cosmetically improving his home, propagating plants, and spending quality time with friends and family.
You can read more of Dr. Mahaney’s columns in the Pets & Animal Advocacy section at OutImpact.com!
Related articles on Out Impact:
- Healthy Pets & People with Dr. Patrick Debuts Tonight on Out Impact Radio: Westminster 2011 Coverage! (OutImpact.com)
- Healthy Pets & People with Dr. Patrick: New Year’s Resolutions for Your Pet: Schedule Regular Veterinary Examinations (OutImpact.com)
- Healthy Pets & People with Dr. Patrick: Is It Safe To Let Sleeping Dogs Lie In Your Bed? (OutImpact.com)
- Healthy Pets & People with Dr. Patrick: 2011 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Warm Up (OutImpact.com)
- Healthy Pets & People with Dr. Patrick: Earthquake and Tsunami Disaster in Japan Reinforces Need for Global Pet Emergency Preparedness (OutImpact.com)
- Healthy Pets & People with Dr. Patrick: Scottish Deerhound Wins Best in Show at Westminster 2011 (OutImpact.com)