Bambi Weavil, president and founder of national gay omnimedia organization and national non-profit, Out Impact, Inc., has been featured in the latest ArtSync Magazine! Read the in-depth interview by Chrishelle Griffin in Issue 5 on page 100, about her start in gay media and the non-profit communities, about the past, present and future of Out Impact, her work in the arts & in radio, her poetry and more.
Here is an excerpt from the feature, Bambi Weavil: Poet, Publisher & Radio Personality:
“I am the one who loves to make big things happen,” says Bambi Weavil, CEO and President of Out Impact, an online publication geared toward gay men and women and their allies. Writer, poet, activist and humanitarian, Bambi works with various companies and non-profit organizations, in addition to hosting fund-raising events in Wilmington, North Carolina and New York City. An avid supporter of the arts, Bambi has hosted events such as the Impact Art Show and featured poet, Kim Addonizio, and ArtSync’s own Christine Clemmons on OutImpact.com.
To read more, click on Issue 5 at ArtSync Magazine!
Related articles on Out Impact:
- Kim Addonizio: ‘If you want to write, you can’t let anyone shut you down’ (OutImpact.com)
- Executing The Vision: Behind The Scenes With Queer Women In Music – Boston Airs Tonight! (OutImpact.com)
- Rally and March through the West Village!: CBST Stands with LGBTQ Homeless Youth (OutImpact.com)
- Christine Clemmons: Making Her Mark on the Art Scene Through ArtSync Magazine (OutImpact.com)
Latest posts by CGriffin (see all)
- The Power of Words: Terrie Johnson Uses Video to Share Personal Story and Save Lives through Suicide Prevention – April 2, 2013
- Film Review: “America’s Most Unwanted”, Foster Care System and LGBT Youth – March 25, 2013
- Wonder Women’s Aliya Hallim-Byne seeks to ‘empower women to lead, to contribute and to positively impact’ – March 18, 2013